I’m Molly, a runner, a wife, a digital copywriter and above all else, a mom. I’ve been a distance runner for more than 10 years, but in the last two my running has changed drastically, thanks to the addition of my sweet son Max-otherwise known as The Cheese. I’m trying to figure out how to train for races, stay gainfully employed, have some sort of a social life, and be the best mom I can be. And possibly keep my house clean and cut back on Internet shopping. OK, the last two are probably pipe dreams, but you never know. I could become a different person overnight…
This blog is just me sharing my life, my failures at all of the above goals and, hopefully, some successes. We’ll see. And maybe I can meet some new people who are shooting for the same things, who can possibly give me some tips. Because I definitely need them. So read on, laugh with me (and OK, probably at me) and let me know what you think!
Random Facts About Me:
- I’m addicted to Diet Coke. If anyone tries to talk to me in the morning before I’ve finished my DC, they may get a can chucked at their head.
- I have run 7 full marathons. And I DNF’d the Kentucky Derby Marathon in 2008 because of a bladder infection. Awesome.
- Chocolate is my favorite food. Yeah, I said food, not candy, treat or dessert. I’ve been known to center many meals around chocolate. This is definitely not a nutrition blog!
- I’m an Internet shopaholic. I used to be an everywhere shopaholic, but I’m confined to the Internet now that I have a rambunctious one-year-old.
- The only shoes I ever run in are Asics GEL-Kinseis.
- I will run in any weather, including sub-zero high days and torrential downpours. Both of those options are better than the treadmill, IMO.
- I want to run Boston someday. BQ or bust!
And that’s about it. Now tell me about you! And if you every want to talk Diet Coke, GEL-Kinsei’s or anything else, shoot me an email at MotherhoodAndMarathons@gmail.com